Today I bring to you the gorgeous work of fellow Artist and Etsy seller June Shin. My goodness, what beauty filled stunning work this lady creates and she is super witty too. I must admit, there is something in the combination of high art and wit that completely captivates me.
June lives and works in Georgia and is a great example of Artist as Brand™. Why? Because while working in the high tech world of computer consultation in New York City, June courageously followed her creative muse. Too feed the hunger of her inner muse June took courses at The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT). After moving to Atlanta, she taught herself how to create jewelry using semi-precious stones and metal wire and soon after, launched her jewelry company.
The image opening this blog post is of her Icarus earrings. These beauties illuminate her fine craftsmanship, style and aesthetic. Combining vintage materials with a modern sensibility, June’s jewelry tends to be dainty and delicate, intent on catching the light and always lifting the spirits of the wearer.
Besides her shop on Etsy June also has a strong online presence with a website and a blog. It was her blog where I first came across her. June also conducts fabulous giveaways with Etsy artists. The charm with which she conducts her interviews was what first captivated me when I first arrived at her blog.
I asked June a few questions so that we could all get to know the creatrix behind the art:
1.) What is the one thing you find most inspiring to feed your creative spirit?
Seeing other people’s creations, whether it be a painting, architecture, a beautiful flower arrangement, photography, a dance, etc. I’m a very visual person and am always amazed at people’s imaginations.
2.) What is your favorite scent from the natural world?
3.) If you were Queen of a village what would you wish for your kingdom?
Peace and happiness, and a self-sustaining village.
4.) How did you find yourself creating jewelry?
A few years ago, the idea of making jewelry came to mind and I enrolled in a metalsmithing class in NYC. When I moved to Atlanta, I taught myself to make jewelry using bead and wire, and the rest is history…
5) Tell us a secret?
I used to be a poker dealer, but don’t really know how to play strategically.
June, it’s a pleasure and honor to have you here, thank you so much for sharing a bit about yourself with me and the readers here. I’d like to live in that self sustaining village with you.
- 1 entry: Be or become a follower of the JuneShinDesigns blog
- 1 entry per day of the contest: Twitter this message: RT @RoxanaVilla is hosting a giveaway with JuneShin! Visit http://journal.illuminatedperfume.com for a chance to win
- 2 entries (total) – Blog about this giveaway, leaving the URL to the post in comments (1 blog per entrant, please)
- 1 entry: Be or become a follower of the creator, JuneShinDesigns on Twitter
- 1 entry: Be or become a fan of JuneShinDesigns on Facebook
- 1 entry: Be or become a follower of this journal: IlluminatedPerfume
More fine print, learned along the way
1. If we cannot contact you we will give your prize away to someone else.
2. The featured seller will do their very best to mail the winners package in a timely manner, please contact them directly if you have any questions.
3. Each entry is assigned a card from several decks here at the house, I then shuffle all the cards and have someone handy (like my daughter or husband) choose a card for the winner and a runner up.
4. If you have won the Artist Feature and Giveaway in the past you may enter again.
5. Please don’t make up any new guidelines, what is outlined above is what we follow.
The giveaway ends Moon day, November 16th at 10 pm PST with the winner announced shortly there after. Please help us get the word out. Anyone who posts comments after 10pm on November 16th will not be entered in the draw.